Mittwoch, 19. November 2014

Weekly Challenge 194: “Embracing the Yuck”(=igittigitt)
your challenge is to tangle with your non-dominant hand (including shading and blending).

this challenge is an exercise i wanted to trie since long time, and i'm shure it's something healthy for people who like to be in a balance. i mean to do 90% of everything with my right hand....lifelong....that must have an unbalanced effect.
my experience, to tangle for the first time a zentangle® with my left hand, was great. because of the challenge i had a reason to go through....it was a volonteer-struggle.
as patterns i choosed "crescent moon" (zentangle), which i drew so many times with my right hand already.
and the second pattern: "purlbox" (sandy steen bartholomew), my fist time to draw this pattern.



mmy signature came out mirror-inverted. an other interesting thing.

9 Kommentare:

  1. Nice tile, and your shading is really nice with this one. It certainly was a challenge for me, but yours seemed to roll right out! I just saw your bit on the the new Zentangle web site! Great!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very well done. I like the tangle from Sandy. I don't have her book so that is really a new tangle to me.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. You did not chose easy tangles at all, very well done.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. thanks for the comments. i don't think i gonna leave comments on other blogs for this challenge.it just would be an other challenge.but of course you're wellcome to leave more comments for my entry:-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Well, the "purlbox" is almost appearing right hand made. But even the trembled crescent moon is artistic. very well, in my opinion.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Akua! My fellow CZT 15! What a great tile! I've never seen purlbox box and I just love it!! A side note, I just watched your video on Zentangle's Story Booth. I LOVED IT!!! Congratulations on your determination and success!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. oh my god. to see myself on "zentangle's story Booth", a special thing, i never gave an interview before + i have never seen myself in a film.so i'm somehow wondering about myself. and i can never know what impression an other person get about tina hunziker,weird to me.
    i don't even mean it negativ and i'm happy about the experience, shure that stephanie alvarez ewens made the best out of it, she's such a great person....and i'm a nonsmoker, that's what i like to stay....freedom.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wonderful Tile for the Off-Hand Challenge, Akua. Your patterns gave you a tough challenge. All the curves on Crecent Moon, and the fills in Purlbox are so challenging even with the dominant hand. Great job, and well done.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. You chose a difficult tangle to work on with your left hand with pretty spectacular results. I think those of us who also attempted this challenge can truly appreciate the result you achieved because we know how difficult this exercise was. Nice.

    AntwortenLöschen